Friday, June 15, 2012

Morning Mercy

For the past two weeks I've gotten back into a running routine, by combining my morning "prayer walk" with running...making it a prayer run!  I go first thing in the morning, just because it's the best time to get away by myself, and I am NOT a morning person.  Mornings find me groggy, lethargic, hardly able to crawl out of bed...So, a morning run?  On my list of impossible things to not try.


But, due to our current schedules, it was then or never, and as I've shared our renewed dedication to put priorities straight, it had to happen.  And you know what?  It turns out, every morning now is an amazing reminder that God gives me the strength to do what I think is impossible.  If I simply take the step of faith to tumble myself out of bed, groggily tie my shoes, and trip out the door--immediately, He rejuvenates me and gives me the energy and stamina I need.  And not only to survive the exercise, but to really, truly enjoy it!  (Today, I was sad to stop!--which I'm not sure has EVER happened before, not even during my peak periods of fitness.)  In the past, when I've been out of the running habit and tried to start up again, the first month or so was painful...and I was expecting the same now.  But from my very first run, and every time since, it's simply been enjoyable.


And the blessing lasts longer than the 30 minutes I'm out...it changes my whole day.  I am energized, optimistic, hopeful, joyful, and way more productive on the mornings I run.  Not to mention super-encouraged about how great God's power is!  I mean, if He can help me love a morning run, what CAN'T He do???  :)

I just want to share this to publicly praise the Lord for His goodness to bless and multiply our smallest efforts.  He turns our pebbles into brilliant diamonds.  His mercy is great!


No comments:

Post a Comment